Master classes are one or two-days events, mixing lectures on best practices, case studies and workshops where attendees get the opportunity to practice what they have just learnt in the lectures.
Master classes are not about game theory; their objective is to give concrete insights, methods and tips. I use real examples from games I worked on to demonstrate my points.
Master classes can be delivered in two formats: For schools or studios. In the latter case, games under development can be used as the basis for the workshop.
Training & Workshops
Freemium design & workshop (For studios or publishers)
This master class is specifically designed for studios.
- It covers key issues in freemium design
- It includes a 2-hours design doctoting session where I audit one of your games (either in development or already published).
- Monetization strategies - What are their pros and cons? How to define the monetization strategy best adapted to your game?
- Player experience - How to retain your players after their first game session? How to build a successful long term retention strategy?
- Economic design - How to control the player’s progression? How to define the prices of items sold in soft currencies?
- Freemium design for hardcore gamers - What are the key issues when designing a free game for hardcore gamers?
- Metrics - What are the key metrics to follow and why?