Master classes are one or two-days events, mixing lectures on best practices, case studies and workshops where attendees get the opportunity to practice what they have just learnt in the lectures.
Master classes are not about game theory; their objective is to give concrete insights, methods and tips. I use real examples from games I worked on to demonstrate my points.
Master classes can be delivered in two formats: For schools or studios. In the latter case, games under development can be used as the basis for the workshop.
Training & Workshops
The fundamentals of game design
- Introduction to the role and position of the game designer in today’s game studios
- The fundamentals of gameplay common to most games
- The definition of a concept: A method to define a concept that matches a publisher’s expectations
- The construction of the gameplay mechanisms thought the prototyping of the level design.
- The various documents needed for a game development
- The level design
- The main pitfalls along the road to a successful game.
- A step-by-step method to plan a game concept
- Sample documents (game concept, game design, level design blueprint)
- A full game concept (students project)